Compton Vehicle Activated Speed Sign New Format
Version 5 of the VAS data analysis software generates Microsoft Excel Spreadsheets with a
number of graphs and tables best downloaded and explored by interested individuals.
These are quite LARGE files to download and were created using Windows 10
Compton Vehicle Activated Speed Sign Archived Data
General assumptions and issues:
- Whole days only are assessed - part days (battery runs out or VAS taken down) are filtered out.
- Average vehicle length units are derived from the total data set for a particular VAS site during period of collection usually two or three weeks.
- The sub count for vehicle types involves a lot of statistical modelling and is a bit uncertain.
- Motorcycles (MC) or smaller vehicle assumed to be under average length LESS one standard deviation.
- HGVs or Buses or larger vehicle etc assumed to be over average length PLUS one standard deviation.
- Average speeds for all vehicles AND for those faster than 30 MPH are given
- Percentage of the total vehicles faster than 30 MPH is given
- Really very low daily figures are for days when the battery ran out or was just replaced - not whole-day counts