Compton Vehicle Activated Speed Sign
General assumptions and issues:
- Whole days only are assessed - part days (battery runs out or VAS taken down) are filtered out.
- Average vehicle length units are derived from the total data set for a particular VAS site during period of collection usually two or three weeks.
- The sub count for vehicle types involves a lot of statistical modelling and is a bit uncertain.
- Motorcycles (MC) or smaller vehicle assumed to be under average length LESS one standard deviation.
- HGVs or Buses or larger vehicle etc assumed to be over average length PLUS one standard deviation.
- Average speeds for all vehicles AND for those faster than 30 MPH are given
- Percentage of the total vehicles faster than 30 MPH is given
- The Village Green locations give slightly lower counts due to positioning angle. A new placement is being tested.
2001 daily from A3=7324, toward A3=6621, daily transits=13945, annual=5089925
2012 daily from A3=6867, toward A3=7163, daily transits=14030, annual=5120950 increase = 1% since 2001
2013 daily from A3=7367, toward A3=7286, daily transits=14653, annual=5348345 increase = 4% since 2012